Black History Month Call for Artists and Online Exhibition
Black History Month Call for Artists
This is an opportunity to express and highlight Black History and Culture through the many mediums of art. Jury is open to all Black/African American Artists.
Extended Call For Entries January 10- February 19, 2022 Call For Entries
Online Show: Online Show February 25 - March 31, 2022
Live Show @Main Street Station Opening Friday, Feb 25, 2022 5:30pm - 8:30pm
A juried selection of the accepted work will be part of "Discover Black Art: How It Started - How It's Going"
Sponsored by Crossroads Art Center, City of Richmond, Urban One, Mike King, Nurturing Minds, Cason Funnel Cakes and Ma Michele's Cafe!
Black History Month is an annual celebration of achievements by African Americans and a time for recognizing their central role in U.S. history. Also known as African American History Month, the event grew out of “Negro History Week,” the brainchild of noted historian Carter G. Woodson and other prominent African Americans. Since 1976, every U.S. president has officially designated the month of February as Black History Month. Other countries around the world, including Canada and the United Kingdom, also devote a month to celebrating Black history.
How To Submit:
1. First click here for the Black History Month Call for Artists Entry Form
2. Prepare digital images for submission.
A high-quality digital image in .jpeg or .pdf format at least 300dpi.
Image Details: Your Name, Title(s) of work, Medium, Size, Price
3. Email completed PDF Application and digital images as attachments to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org. Artist Statement and Bio (can be typed in the body of the email or as a Word Document)
4. Click here to Pay the All-Media Show Entry Fee Click Here!
5. Look for a submission confirmation email in your inbox within 3 business days.
6. Awards - 1st $100, 2nd $75, and 3rd $50 Place in 2D, 3D, Photography and for Music Videos, Film and Performing Arts Videos