Christie is donating 100% of proceeds to the Douglas B. Jones Memorial Fund, established through the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention. To reach her goal of $3,000 she is offering 20% off now through October 15th. Use code JONES20 at checkout.
Christie Jones tells stories in watercolor. Whether an old barn, a beloved family pet, fishermen on a pier, an emerging hibiscus, or children making memories with their grandparents, Christie believes there is a personal story to be captured through color, motion and character.
Her goal is to find the narrative in each piece, and to cause that story to resonate with the viewer and enable them to find their own special moment in the painting.
Christie has painted throughout Virginia and the Outer Banks and has both commission and online buyers from Boston to Florida. And if one looks very closely, they will find a surprise bit of whimsy in each painting. As part of her signature, Christie hides a paintbrush in each piece, something her children told her to do long ago! Her watercolors are painted on Fabriano 140 lb. cold press paper or Yupo. Her charcoal work is also done on Fabriano 140 lb. cold press. Her mat board is acid free and Christie’s frames are custom made of wood, with a subtle burnished silver matte finish.
Also of note – proceeds from Christie’s painting sales are donated to a very special initiative. The Douglas B. Jones Memorial Fund was established in December 2020 by her husband’s family, in memory of her brother-in-law, and in support of the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention (www.afsp.org). In the 7 months since its establishment, the Fund has grown to nearly $7,000 thanks to the generosity of donors and painting collectors. Paintings that have been purchased or commissioned in support of the Memorial Fund can be found on her website (www.christiejoneswatercolors.com) along with information AFSP and its vital work.
Awards and Competitions
- In May 2021, Christie was invited to exhibit in the Baltimore Watercolor Society's 2021 Annual Mid-Atlantic Regional Competition, a juried competition inviting artists throughout the Southeast. Of the 466 entries, only 105 were selected. This online show posts from June 12 - August 31 via the Baltimore Watercolor Society website: bws.wildapricot.org.
- In May 2021,Christie was also invited to exhibit at the Virginia Watercolor Society's 42nd Annual Watercolor Exhibition and Show, a juried competition that attracted more than 400 submissions, of which only 80 were accepted. The exhibit will be held from June 12 through September 12, 2021 at the Portsmouth Art and Cultural Center in Portsmouth, Virginia.
- In May 2020, she was accepted as a signature member of the Baltimore Watercolor Society and accepted into it’s 2020 Online Mid-Atlantic Regional Exhibition, a juried competition that attracted 432 submissions from across the mid-Atlantic, of which only 100 were accepted
- In September 2019, Christie received BEST IN SHOW honors at the Central Virginia Watercolor Guild's 28th annual juried watercolor competition at the McGuffey Art Center in Charlottesville, Virginia
- Three of her pieces were accepted into the 2019 Arts in the Garden juried competition held at Lewis Ginter Botanical Gardens in Richmond, Virginia
- Christie was accepted into the 2019 Art in Motion juried competition held at Crossroads Art Center in Richmond, Virginia
- Three of Christie’s pieces were accepted into the 2019 Art at the Mill juried multimedia show held at the Clark County Historical Society in Millwood, Virginia
Associations / Galleries
- Signature Artist Member, Baltimore Watercolor Society
- Associate Artist Member, Virginia Watercolor Society
- Juried Online Artist, Crossroads Art Center, Richmond, VA
Facebook: Christie Jones Watercolor