SEPTEMBER 2020 ALL-MEDIA SHOW
Crossroads Art Center is excited to announce an online call for entries the September All-Media Show juried by Reni Gower.
There is no theme for this exhibit. All work submitted must be for sale. Entry fee is $12 per submission for the general public (with a limit of three submissions) and $9 per submission for Crossroads Gallery Members. Gallery Members receive a fourth entry for free. If an artist is not a member and wishes to participate, they may join at the time of entry. Commission on sales is 30%. For more information, download the All-Media Show application form.
Accepted artwork will be exhibited at Crossroads Art Center and available for view and purchase online.
About the Juror: Reni Gower
Reni Gower received a 2020 Pollock-Krasner Foundation Grant. In 2017, she was awarded SECAC’s Award for Outstanding Artistic Achievement. In 2014, she received the College Art Association’s Distinguished Teacher of Art Award, as well as distinguished teaching awards from Virginia Commonwealth University and VCUarts. Her art work is represented in many prestigious collections and has been exhibited at international and national venues for over 40 years. In addition to her painting practice, she curates award winning traveling exhibitions that include FLASHPOINTS: Material / Intent / Fused, Geometric Aljamía: a Cultural Transliteration, and Pulped Under Pressure: The Art of Handmade Paper. After 37 years, Professor Emerita Gower retired from Virginia Commonwealth University in December 2018. Gower is represented by Chroma Projects, Charlottesville, VA.
Please note that being a Gallery Member is separate from exhibiting as an Artist-In Residence at Crossroads Art Center. Artists-In-Residence need to pay the General Public Fee unless they have joined as a Gallery Member.
- Call for Entries: Saturday, August 1 – Thursday, August 27, 2020 Online ONLY
- Artwork Juried: Friday, August 28 – Saturday, August 29, 2020
- Artists Notified: Monday, August 31, 2020
- Artwork Drop Off: Thursday, September 10 – Saturday, September 12, 2020 by Noon.
- Exhibition Hung: Sunday, September 13, 2020
- Exhibition Opening: Friday, September 18, 2020 from 6-9pm
- Exhibition End Date: Sunday, November 8, 2020
- Artwork Available for Artists to Pick Up: Monday, November 9, 2020
Please contact Crossroads Art Center at firstname.lastname@example.org or (804) 278-8950 with any questions.
How To Submit
- First Click on the PDF Form 2020 Juried All-Media Show Agreement (pdf) then right-click in the center of the form and then click save as then save it to a file on your computer/tablet using your name in the file. Open up the document on you computer/tablet from that saved folder and fill it out. Go to top left side of computer and go to File Save. Save the completed pdf in the same folder you downloaded the original pdf too. It will ask you to replace the file -- say YES! Trying to fill out the PDF directly on the webpage link or use download will not save your changes.
- Prepare digital images for submission. Click to learn more about preparing digital images for the All-Media Show.
- Email completed PDF Application and digital images as attachments to the following address: email@example.com.
- Pay the All-Media Show Entry Fee Click Here!. General public: $12 per submission; Gallery Members: $9 per submission. Limit of three submissions for General Public. Gallery Members receive a fourth entry for free. If an artist is not a gallery member, they may join at the time of entry. Click HERE to join as a Gallery Member.
- Look for a submission confirmation email in your inbox within 3 business days.
- All submitting artists will be notified of jury results on Monday, August 31, 2020, via email.
Liability and Agreement: Crossroads Art Center LLC will accept only original
fine art and photography handcrafted by the artist. The gallery reserves the right to refuse delivered work if it differs from the submitted image, if the frame is in poor condition, or if the work is not properly wired. Signing the entry form or
submitting entries online denotes agreement to the terms and conditions as stated in the entry information. The gallery is not responsible for items
that are lost, stolen, or damaged while on display at the art center.