November 2020 ALL-MEDIA SHOW
Crossroads Art Center is excited to announce an online call for entries the November All-Media Show juried by Francis Thompson
There is no theme for this exhibit. All work submitted must be for sale. Entry fee is $12 per submission for the general public (with a limit of three submissions) and $9 per submission for Crossroads Gallery Members. Gallery Members receive a fourth entry for free. If an artist is not a member and wishes to participate, they may join at the time of entry. Commission on sales is 30%. For more information, download the All-Media Show application form.
Accepted artwork will be exhibited at Crossroads Art Center and available for view and purchase online.
About the Juror: Francis Thompson, Art Program Manager at JLL
Francis Thompson is the Art Program Project Manager at JLL. Over the past decade, he has managed a team responsible for maintaining and expanding a contemporary corporate art collection installed within office buildings throughout North America. During the early part of his role with the collection, he led the curatorial development of its rotating exhibition program which has grown to between seventy and eighty shows a year. On display within the corporate offices, these exhibitions brought in artwork from non-profit art organizations, local museums, university art departments, and corporate employees.
Francis has worked as Assistant Gallery Director for the Ellipse Art Center in Arlington, VA, assistant coordinator for the Mountain Lake Workshops with director/producer Ray Kass, and as Gallery Coordinator for the Virginia Tech Armory Gallery. A native of Virginia, he holds a Master of Fine Arts in Arts Administration and a Bachelor of Arts in Studio Art with a concentration in painting and drawing from Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University in Blacksburg, VA.
Please note that being a Gallery Member is separate from exhibiting as an Artist-In Residence at Crossroads Art Center. Artists-In-Residence need to pay the General Public Fee unless they have joined as a Gallery Member.
- Call for Entries: Thursday, October 1 – Tuesday, October 27, 2020 Online ONLY
- Artwork Juried: Sunday, November 1, 2020
- Artists Notified: Monday, November 2, 2020
- Artwork Drop Off: Thursday, November 12 – Saturday, November 14, 2020 by Noon.
- Exhibition Hung: Sunday, November 15, 2020
- Exhibition Opening: Friday, November 20, 2020 from 6-9pm
- Exhibition End Date: Wednesday, December 30, 2020
- Artwork Available for Artists to Pick Up: Monday, January 4, 2021
Please contact Crossroads Art Center at email@example.com or (804) 278-8950 with any questions.
How To Submit
- First Click on the PDF Form 2020 Juried All-Media Show Agreement (pdf) then right-click in the center of the form and then click save as then save it to a file on your computer/tablet using your name in the file. Open up the document on you computer/tablet from that saved folder and fill it out. Go to top left side of computer and go to File Save. Save the completed pdf in the same folder you downloaded the original pdf too. It will ask you to replace the file -- say YES! Trying to fill out the PDF directly on the webpage link or use download will not save your changes.
- Prepare digital images for submission. Click to learn more about preparing digital images for the All-Media Show.
- Email completed PDF Application and digital images as attachments to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Pay the All-Media Show Entry Fee Click Here!. General public: $12 per submission; Gallery Members: $9 per submission. Limit of three submissions for General Public. Gallery Members receive a fourth entry for free. If an artist is not a gallery member, they may join at the time of entry. Click HERE to join as a Gallery Member.
- Look for a submission confirmation email in your inbox within 3 business days.
- All submitting artists will be notified of jury results on Monday, November 2, 2020, via email.
Liability and Agreement: Crossroads Art Center LLC will accept only original
fine art and photography handcrafted by the artist. The gallery reserves the right to refuse delivered work if it differs from the submitted image, if the frame is in poor condition, or if the work is not properly wired. Signing the entry form or
submitting entries online denotes agreement to the terms and conditions as stated in the entry information. The gallery is not responsible for items
that are lost, stolen, or damaged while on display at the art center.