Johanna Josephs Carrington grew up in Richmond, Virginia and now lives in the Northern Neck with her husband and three children. She paints primarily in oil and loves the expansive views of marshes, fields, and rivers of the Chesapeake Bay. Blue and White Canton, Sailboats, and the garden are other favorite subjects.
"I believe that everything in life presents an opportunity for creativity, and that creativity is the primary tool for solving problems. I enjoy the process of solving the mystery that has to be worked out in every painting.
I ask questions about what the painting will say, how will I employ the universal principles of design, and what is my connection to the subject. That connection, whether triggered by a happy memory or simply because it delights, is the most important factor in achieving an authentic and unique painting. The ultimate goal is to surprise and delight the viewer with beautiful images that bring joy" - Johanna CarringtonExperience and Background
- The Collegiate School 1983
- University of Virginia, Bachelor of Architectural History 1987
- Studied in Vicenza, Italy 1986
- Virginia Commonwealth University Bachelor of Fine Arts in Interior Design 1991
- Historic Rehab Architecture
- Commercial Interior Design
- Owned a small business arranging flowers for weddings and parties
- Studied painting at The Virginia Museum Studio School with Eleanor Rufty
- Painted weekly with Artist, Jane Joyner
- Workshops at Nimrod Hall Summer Arts Program and Jack Richardson, Onancock, VA
Johanna Carrington currently has no products for sale online.