Become an Online Resident Artist
Expand your selling opportunities to reach more interested buyers! Sign up to sell online with Crossroads Art Center.
What do online artists receive?
- You get a designated artist page on the CAC website with an artist statement and bio included.
- CAC will post up to 15 images of pieces you have for sale.
- A link to your website, publications and social media.
- When you sell a piece from those online selections you can drop the piece off at the art center and the staff will take care of the rest.
- CAC will change out images or replace images of sold items at no extra charge.
- You enjoy the CAC low commission fee of 17% on pieces sold. Artists receive 83% of artwork sale proceeds!
- Your name and work are seen by a global audience.
- Included in Email Newsletter as an Artist-in-Residence with a direct link to your online collection page.
Step-by-Step Process of How to Sell Online with Crossroads:
STEP ONE: Apply to be juried to be represented as an online artist. Click here to pay the $25 jury fee.
Please Note: To be juried for each medium that you want to sell, you are required to bring in to Crossroads Art Center a minimum of 5 pieces of your original framed artwork to be juried as well as a resume. You are also required to have an artist website. If you don't have a website, we can help you with that as well. If you want Crossroads to serve as your website Click Here.
STEP TWO: Fill out the ONLINE SELLING CONTRACT and email/deliver contract to Crossroads Art Center.
STEP THREE: Email email@example.com the following information that can be uploaded on the website:
- Up to 15 images to be sold as online products. Properly named and formatted.
- Images must be saved at 300 dpi and no larger than 6 inches on a side.
- Images must be digitally titled with the following information: Artist Name_Title of Art_Size_Medium_Price
- An Artist Statement written in 3rd person
- All Social Media Links for Your Business (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram)
New Artists in Residence Image Naming Program:
You may now login at https://artistsinresidenceimagenamingprogram.artcall.org and submit up to 15 pieces for your webpage on CAC website without naming them properly. The program will rename them for you in the format that we need at Crossroads for our files. The Cost will be $10.00 per image and you will pay that fee online.
So, if you have been hesitant about selling online with CAC because you can't name the files properly -- now you don't have to name them properly. This program will do it for you. We you will be notified via email when the art has been uploaded to your webpage on the CAC website for you to review.
STEP FOUR: Review the complete collection page and after your approval, Crossroads will charge the credit card you provided in the contract.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q. What is the cost for selling artwork online with Crossroads?
A. The first year is $150 to set up the website and upload the products. Starting the second year, renewal is only $95.
Q. Do artists have to handle shipping for artwork?
A. Crossroads staff handles the shipping of artwork with the client. Artists just need to deliver the piece to the gallery.
Q. How are artists paid for sold artwork?
A. Checks will be available for pick up or mailed to you on the 8th of the following month that the art work was sold in. IF artists would prefer their checks to be mailed, they should provide self addressed stamped envelopes to CAC.
Example: Art sold in January will be paid to the artist on February 8th.