Art In Healthcare Is Ever Expanding
The demand for art is has grown because it is now considered an important element in wellness. It is fascinating and rewarding to observe how this field — known as “arts in medicine” or “integrative arts medicine” — is growing and the way its positive impact on individuals around the world.
Art is being installed in wellness centers, medical facilities, general hospitals, pediatric medical spaces, senior residences, acute care hospitals, surgery centers, medical office buildings, physicians’ offices, rehabilitation centers, and more, around the world. Art with positive images is also being placed in treatment centers, spas, corporate lobbies, educational facilities, yoga and meditation centers.
Expert Criteria for Art in Healthcare:
- Art should be obviously positive.
- Realism is generally most preferred. Impressionistic art is acceptable if one can recognize what the subjects are. Certain abstract art can also be beneficial.
- Nature scenes should be sunny with vibrant colors.
- Art with color palettes inspired by nature — soft to deeper greens, as well as beige, brown, yellow, amber, and blue – are favored.
- If people are in the scene they should be smiling or look positive.
- Landscapes with gardens and florals are the most frequent choice, especially in senior residences.
- Regions of the country have defined looks, such as tropical and beach in California and Florida versus scenes of full foliage and pastures in the Midwest.
What is also important to know is the type of artwork specified for a particular kind of facility varies depending on the population being served. For instance, while newer hospitals may use some abstract work mixed with contemporary nature motifs, senior assisted living communities tend to specify landscapes with gardens and florals.
The Crossroads Solution:
Named the 2020 Best Gallery for Buying Art by The Richmond Times Dispatch, and 2020 Best Art Gallery in Central Virginia by Virginia Living Magazine, CAC offers:
- The largest selection of local art in the state.
- 225+ local artists.
- Thousands of originals, giclees, and prints in a variety of prices ranges.
- 3 dimensional and 2 dimensional pieces.
- Diverse offerings of art from Traditional, to Abstract, and Contemporary.
- Online and in person retail shopping options.
- A capable staff to guide you to the right art for the right space.
- Need something custom? Crossroads can also arrange for commission work from its represented artists.
- Need white glove installation? We can arrange that!
Set an appointment to work with one of CAC’s staff or come in and look around the gallery – which ever suits your specific needs.