FramersI’ve Been Framed
Crossroads Art Center
2016 Staples Mill Road
Henrico, VA 23230
804.278.8950 Custom Framing Made Simple
(mobile framer — he comes to you!)
Fralin Art & Frame
3412 Semmes Avenue at Forest Hill
Richmond, VA 23225
Framing & Art Installation
2081 Dabney Rd.
Richmond, VA 23230
Richmond Frame and Design
4905 West Clay Street
Richmond, VA 23230
Rick’s Custom Frame + Gallery
5702 Patterson Avenue
(corner of Patterson and Libbie Avenues)
Richmond, VA 23226
Susan, an artist as well as a framer, offers her clients the following services in her home frame shop located near Stony Point on Southside:
- 100's of frames to choose from
- 100's of mat colors to choose from
- glass ranging from inexpensive to Museum quality
- frames for prints, paintings, canvases (stretched or unstretched), including floater frames
- aesthetic help in picking out just the right frame to best highlight the beauty of the artwork
- pastel framing is a specialty
- generally quick turnaround, sometimes in less than a week
- personalized service every step of the way.
804-339-0040 or SusanSingerArt@msn.com.
Picture Hanging & Art Installation
Whatever size of picture, artwork or custom frame you may have, we can handle the installation process. Our picture hanging service is available for art galleries, commercial and residential customers. Our professional art hangers are well versed in all of the intricacies of picture hanging on a variety of different wall types. Whether you’re hanging art on a gallery wall or in the hall of your home, working with a professional picture hanging service is the best way to ensure success.
Turner C. Johnson Jr., Appraisals
Appraisals and verbal pricing of American, European, and Asian FURNITURE, DECORATIVE ART, FINE ART, & COLLECTIBLES including:
- Ceramics and Glassware
- Silver and Metal Ware
- Limited Editions
- Prints and Maps
Written appraisals for insurance, charitable gifts, and equitable distribution purposes.
Whether you have antiques, art, collectibles, or just “stuff”, it is important for you to know their current value. If you plan on selling, dividing, or keeping personal possessions, an appraisal can be an invaluable tool in deciding what to do with your items.
TYPES OF VALUE
Wholesale Value – The price an antique dealer or gallery would pay you outright for an item.
Fair Market Value – What the item would sell for between a willing buyer and seller. What the item would generally bring at auction. Used for charitable gifts, estate and division purposes.
Retail Value – The marked price of an item for sale in an antique shop or gallery.
Insurance Value – High retail. What you might have to pay for an item without any discounts.
- Written Appraisals and Verbal Pricing A written appraisal is necessary to have your most valuable possessions insured and may be needed prior to a move. However your homeowner's insurance will cover most possessions and a verbal pricing/walk-through by an experienced appraiser will give you a preliminary value of your items. This is an inexpensive alternative to a formal and sometimes costly appraisal. The appraiser can help to identify your most valuable items, give you a general idea of the value of lesser items, and give insight on the best methods to sell them.
Call or Email me today for a free consultation.