Expand your selling opportunities to reach more interested buyers! Sign up to sell online with Crossroads Art Center.
What do online artists receive?
You get a designated artist page on the CAC website with an artist statement and bio included.
- CAC will post up to 10 images of pieces you have for sale.
- A link to your website, publications and social media.
- When you sell a piece from those online selections you can drop the piece off at the art center and the staff will take care of the rest.
- CAC will change out images or replace images of sold items at no extra charge.
- You enjoy the CAC low commission fee of 15% on pieces sold. Artists receive 85% of artwork sale proceeds!
- Your name and work are seen by a global audience.
- Included in Email Newsletter as an Artist-in-Residence with a direct link to your online collection page.
What do you need to do to sell online with Crossroads?Step One: Apply to be juried to be represented as an online artist.
Step Two: Fill out the ONLINE SELLING CONTRACT and email/deliver contract to Crossroads Art Center.
Step Three: Email email@example.com the following information that can be uploaded on the website:
- Up to 10 images to be sold as online products. Properly named and formatted.
Images must be saved at 300 dpi and no larger than 6 inches on a side.
Images must be titled with the following information: Artist Name_Title of Art_Size_Medium_Price
- All Social Media Links for Your Business (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram)
Step Four: Review the complete collection page and after your approval, Crossroads will charge the CC you provided in the contract.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- What is the cost for selling artwork online with Crossroads?
The first year is $150 to set up the website and upload the products. Starting the second year, renewal is only $95.
- Do artists have to handle shipping for artwork?
Crossroads staff handles the shipping of artwork with the client. Artists just need to deliver the piece to the gallery.
- How are artists paid for sold artwork?
Checks will be available for pick up or mailed to you on the 8th of the following month that the art work was sold in. IF artists would prefer their checks to be mailed, they should provide self addressed stamped envelopes to CAC.
Example: Art sold in January will be paid to the artist on February 8th.